Halloween is here, there’s finally a chill in the air, the leaves are beginning to drop and it’s getting dark by 5pm. So forget about the sticky-fingered noise goblins and their candy: after the trick-or-treaters have come and gone, stake out your “grown-ups time” by hosting your own spirited Halloween party or by enjoying an evening parked on the couch, scaring yourself silly with a marathon of your favorite scary movies.
Halloween Drink Guide 2017
Time to eat, drink and be scary! Whether you’re preparing for a haunted Halloween party or staying in and watching scary movies, these chilling cocktail recipes are certain to raise spirits during your Halloween festivities.
- 2 parts Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila
- 1 part apple cider
- ¾ part fresh lime juice
- ½ part maple syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura® bitters
- Apple slice
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with an apple slice.
Created by NYC mixologist, Allison Kave of Butter & Scotch
Created by NYC mixologist Allison Kave of famed boozy bakery, Butter & Scotch, the Caramel Apple cocktail is an indulgent treat that combines the mouthwatering essences of the fall. Made with Baileys Pumpkin Spice, Dickel Rye, apple cider and delightfully topped with apple cider doughnut holes and caramel apple slices, this cocktail will certainly have guests begging for the recipe!
- 2 oz Baileys Pumpkin Spice
- 1 oz Dickel Rye
- 1 cup apple cider
- Apple Cider Doughnut Holes for Garnish
- Caramel Apple Slices for Garnish
- Whipped Cream for Garnish
- Caramel Drizzle for Garnish
In a saucepan, combine Baileys Pumpkin Spice, Dickel Rye and apple cider over medium heat for ten minutes. Stir well. Pour contents into a coffee mug. Top with skewer of apple cider doughnut holes alternating with caramel apple slices. Garnish with whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
Ideal Serve: Coffee Mug
- 2 oz. Highland Park MAGNUS
- Bar spoon honey Syrup
- 4 dashes all spice dram
Build over large cube in a large rocks glass. Smoke in smoking chamber before serving. Garnish with a broad orange peel.
- 2 oz. Highland Park MAGNUS
- 1 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- .5 oz. Orange Juice
- 1 oz. Coconut Cream
Shake and strain over crushed ice into a Collins glass. Garnish with grated nutmeg.
Halloween is all about the orange and black and candy, so re-create the classic Italian Seelbach cocktail by adding a sweet twist. Since Halloween is the most popular day of the year to indulge in a ridiculous amount of candy and sweets, a candied orange peel is the perfect garnish for this popular beverage.
- 4 oz Mionetto Brut Prosecco
- 2 Barspoons Orange Marmalade
- .5 oz Galliano Italian Herbal Liquor
- 1 oz Bourbon or Irish Whiskey
- 4-5 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
1. In a cocktail shaker add 2 barspoons or 1 tablespoon of the italian bitter orange marmalade.
2. Then add Galliano Italian Herbal Liqueur and either Bourbon or Irish Whiskey.
3. Add ice and shake.
4. Before straining, top the shaken contents with 4 oz Mionetto Brut Prosecco.
5. Strain into an old-fashioned glass over a large ice mold or a couple of ice cubes.
6. Top with 4-5 dashes of Angostura Aromatic Bitters.
7. Garnish with Orange Peel or twist.
Purple Haze Martini
- 2 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
- 2 parts DeKuyper® Pucker® Grape Schnapps
- Splash Sour Mix
- Splash Lemon-Lime Soda
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- 1 1/2 parts Laphroaig® Select Scotch Whisky
- 1/2 part Drambuie® Liqueur
- 1 part Bordeaux red wine
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- Orange peel (for garnish)
Add all ingredients together in a mixing glass and stir. Strain into a chilled coupe or martini glass (served up). Garnish with a flamed orange twist.
Vampire Side Car
- 1½ parts Bayou Spiced Rum
- 1 part Satsuma Rum Liqueur
- ½ part Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ part Simple Syrup
Shake and strain into martini glass. Finished with a touch of Grenadine to layer.
VooDoo Vodka Punch Bowl
Makes one gallon of Voodoo Punch
A hauntingly delicious party punch for adults. The tart cherry flavor and blood red color are a perfect pairing for any halloween get together.
In a large clear punch bowl mix the following:
- (2) 32oz bottles of Cheribundi Tart Cherry Juice
- (1) 32oz bottle of sparkling water
- (1) Bottle of your favorite vodka
- (1) Cup of Lime juice
Use Dry Ice** for a Spooky Feel:
You have two different ways to make your haunted punch that much more scarier. The first option is to carefully place 2-3 inch pieces of dry ice** into punch bowl for a bubbly and spooky feel. The second is to place 2-3 inch pieces of dry ice** in small containers surrounding the punch bowl to give off a fog effect.
To Decorate Your punch bowl:
Place plastic spiders, skeletons and eyeballs around and in the punch bowl. To give it a haunted feel we rested the punch bowl on a black cloth covered in white spider webbing.
**Handle dry ice with care and caution, use proper protective gear and read the instructions provided.
Standard Disclosure: The “A History of Drinking” team received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, we only recommend products or services that we either personally like or believe to be of interest to our readers. If a product sucks, we will tell you in no uncertain terms. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”