On this date in 1773, the Parliament of Great Britain passed the notorious Tea Act, designed to prop up the flagging East India Company (can someone say”bail out”?!). The legislation effectively gave the company a monopoly on the North American Tea Trade. This, combined with other acts of Parliament would eventually lead to all sorts of unpleasantness for the British Empire’s holdings in North America.
High Tea cocktail
from Tableau and B Bar in Wynn Hotel, Las Vegas. recipe adapted from Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- 1 inch thinly sliced Long English Cucumber
- 1 ¾ ounce Absolut Boston Vodka (limited release Absolut flavor infused with Black Tea & Elderflower)
- 3/4 ounce St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 ½ ounce Sence Rose Nectar
- 1/4 ounce Organic Agave Syrup
In a mixing glass, muddle the cucumber. Add the remaining ingredients and shake well with ice to chill. Strain over fresh ice into a highball glass. Garnish with a thin slice of cucumber. Serve.